Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A new wall hangin

Would you look at this thing??  You have no clue how completely in love I am with my recent burst of creativity.  I've been working on updating some of the decor in my living room.  I've put up some of Stampin' Up!'s fabulous Decor Elements in a couple strategic places but until today, I haven't had a single handmade item up as part of my decor...until today!

I can't say this is a 100% original idea.  I've seen similar projects in magazines and all over the internet.  What I did was use my favorite Stampin' Up! supplies to create my very own decorative handmade masterpiece.

So here's the scoop on how I did it.  First, I punched a whole bunch of Small Hearts out of the First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper and just one out of some Cherry Cobbler Prints Designer Series Paper.  I layed a piece of vellum paper over top of a grid sheet and strategically placed the hearts onto the vellum using a half of a Stampin' Dimensional behind each one to give it some pop and character.  Before inserting the vellum sheet into the frame, I added a sheet of card stock behind the vellum.  I wanted a little more pop of color.  The vellum over top of the card stock really did the trick.

And I liked it so much, I whipped up one whith a bit more color.  This one will hang in either my stamp room or my office.  If I can't decide, I may just make another one :)

Get creative!  Make something special that you can display everyday.  It doesn't have to be super fancy, just super special to you!!

No comments: