Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dominos are not just for playing games!

We're having a party on Saturday.  It's just a little open house for our family and friends.  One of those "drop by for a bit, say hi, and carry on" kinds of parties.  Not a major shindig but I did want to make a little something for everyone who comes by.  It's kind of my way of saying thanks for taking time out of your busy holiday schedule to spend time in my home.  I introduce my dominos!
Seriously one of the easiest things I've ever made.  Stamp your favorite image with Staz-On ink on the back of a standard domino.  Staz-On is permanent without heat setting making it a perfect medium for this project.  Then use some permanent, fine tip markers to add a ltittle dazzle and color to each one.  Finish off the ornament by wrapping Sticky Strip completely around the edges of the domino.  Then use some form of 3/8" ribbon (I REALLY like the 2011-2013 In Color Ribbon for this) to wrap around, being sure to leave long ends to hang your ornament.

These are really easy and quick ornaments to make.  We did this project during one of my stamp club meetings in November and the girls went gaga over them.  If you're looking for a quick, easy and inexpensive project, this may just be a winner!

No comments: